Skip to main content
Answered

Personal Information

• 5 June 2024
  • 3 replies

If I registered a new Miro account for just me without an invitation to the my default first team, will no one see my personal data with default settings? Is it possible to store passwords without fear of them being stolen?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

HI @Den1 

Sounds like you are asking about the privacy settings on a personal board? This article explains the privacy settings and how to check who can see your work. Plus, here is an article on how to make your board private. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Den1 - Miro advertises “enterprise-grade protection for users” by following “ industry best practices and regulatory requirements, including ISO/IEC 27001, NIST, SOC2 Type II, SOC3, and TISAX” – you can read more about this here → Security at Miro.

That being said, as long as you do not invite anyone to your Free Plan space at all, then I would say it is reasonable to consider your account to be secure.

Something to keep in mind, though, is that Miro does not currently offer two-factor authentication outside of its Enterprise Plan subscribers, so you should take as many measures as you can outside of Miro to protect access to your email account.

What I have done in the past  to make a team space to appear as visually different as I can is something as follows:

Miro uses the first letter of the first two words as the letters for a team space.

Results in:

Or take it a step further and upload an obnoxious team logo:

Cheers and stay secure!

@ElvaMiro@Robert Johnson thank you very much for your answer! Now I'm sure my passwords are safe in Miro. 

I'm from Russia and it's not easy for me to pay for subscription, but I'll find options to pay Starter subscription. Ty.