Skip to main content

Miro not pasting from Excel

• 15 September 2022
  • 10 replies

I was trying to copy cells from excel and paste into sticky notes in miro (one of my favourite features!). However, the excel content is not recognized and miro app pastes the latest sticky note I had copied. I am able to paste the excel content to other applications, but not in miro.

I also tried the web versions in Chrome and Edge - in the web versions, nothing happens, as if I haven’t copied anything. However, I’m able to paste the content copied from Excel in other applications (tested pasting in an email).

Any idea on how I can fix this? Thanks :)

10 replies

Facing the exact same issue since last hour. It is so annoying and ruining my whole Miro experience.

I am having this same issue…. is there a solution?

Same problem. Using a Chromebook; Unable to copy from Excel and paste as sticky notes on Miro

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

I tested this on Chrome app, and Excel (Microsoft), and I able to copy and paste data, and Miro prompted to, paste as a table or sticky notes,

Regards

Aman

Facing same issue, not able to paste data from excel to stickies. Any help ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Facing same issue, not able to paste data from excel to stickies. Any help ?

@Priya Sharma - I just tested and can paste from both the desktop and web versions of Excel into a Miro board in Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and the Miro desktop app - all from Windows 11 64-bit.

A few questions:

• Are you receiving an error?
  • Or is “nothing” happening?
  • Exactly what steps are you taking?
  • What is your setup (OS, client, etc.)?

SAME! It was working, then quit. When I paste, there is no response. It worked earlier, but now I cannot paste excel data into Miro. 

Apparently there is still no workaround for this? 

Anyone?

Windows 10

Steps:

1. Copy column or cell content in excel
  2. Go to Miro board. R-click, choose Paste.
  3. No response.

What changed from 20 min ago? Not sure.

Did try closing/restarting Excel. No good.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sue Mullen - Pasting from Excel – both desktop and web versions – into a Miro board in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and the Miro desktop app are all working for me (Windows 11).

When you say you try to paste and there is “no response”, the “paste as table or sticky notes” dialogue could not be opening for several reasons, e.g.,:

• a browser extension is blocking it
  • Miro does not recognize the content in your clipboard
  • something in your browser, e.g., an extension or security setting is blocking the clipboard content
  • there is a bug in some Miro code that you picked up (but I have not...)

Here are things to try:

• If you are using a browser to access Miro:
    • Sign out and back in (a code change may have been pushed and needs to be picked up)
    • clear the cache
    • disable all extensions (opening an incognito/private browser window usually takes care of this for you)
    • Try a different browser
    • Try the Miro desktop app
  • If using the Miro desktop app, reset the application data.

Also, does this happen on every board?

Can you try from a different device/computer?

If you are on a paid plan, you can also report this directly to the Miro support team - instructions can be found here → https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C  

Hello Robert, thanks so much for responding. 

I was working in Chrome.

What did not work:

• Closing/reopening Chrome and Miro
  • Rebooting the PC

What did work:

• Accessing Miro through Firefox instead of Chrome

Then I was able to paste and see the  “paste as table or sticky notes” option, and all is well.

If I switch back to Chrome, I’ll try more of the browser options you’ve suggested. I’m just sorry that I spent so much time searching the web and Miro community. Clearly this issue has been under discussion for a few years. I found some dead ends and some unresolved conversations and a solution that did not apply.

Is there a way to make your suggestions above sticky or more obvious?

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sue Mullen - You’re welcome!

Is there a way to make your suggestions above sticky or more obvious?

I can pin replies, but I’ll work on an even more generic one to pin – thanks for the suggestion 🙏