Miro Boards - Accessibility

• 13 October 2021
  • 2 replies

For a Miro Free plan: I’ve read some of the Miro articles on “accessibility” but I have these questions:

If one of the team members is visually impaired, can he/she access the team member's (owner) board (under the Free plan) and both "View and Edit" the board using a screen reader? As a ‘guest editor’ or as a regular team member? 

If not able to use a mouse or trackpad, how would a visually-impaired person add to/edit the Miro board (Free plan)?  

Thank you!

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Denise Kreiger,

Thanks for your question!

I'm afraid we do not currently support any specific functionality for visually impaired people or integration with any screen readers, neither integration that help edit Miro board without using mouse/trackpad. Sorry for not being of much help here.

However, we are improving the way our team receives feature requests and product feedback, to add more visibility and transparency for our users. In order to make sure your ideas reach our product team, would you please so kind to submit your idea to our Wish List?

By adding your idea, you’ll help us collect all the feedback in one place and create a live community of passionate contributors that drives change together!

Thank you, Nikita Granin, for your response. In reading other Miro articles, I had the impression that Miro now includes the capability for a screen reader to be able to “view” a Miro board and its content. Is that not the case? Or is it only with the paid Miro plans (not the Free plan)? 

See: https://community.miro.com/product-news-31/miro-is-now-more-accessible-for-screen-reader-users-5371

Thank you.