Skip to main content
Answered

Minimize or remove video Box in presentation mode

• 8 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Is there a way to close or minimize the video box that pops up in presentation (share screen) mode and covers about 1/5 of the screen. This is a big limitation to this feature. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Erlend Klette - Presentation Mode and Screen Sharing are two different features.

Are you referring to the following box when you are in Screen Sharing mode?

If so, there is no way that I know of to hide this.

For myself, this takes up very little space as I am using an external monitor at 1920 x 1080 resolution. However, I could see how this would take up more space on a smaller screen.

One option to have more usable screen real estate is to go fullscreen using the fullscreen button in the bottom-right corner of a board:

Additionally, if you have a suggestion or idea on how you feel the screen sharing feature could be better, you can always add an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your answer Robert.

I was indeed refering to the screen sharing feature (sry for the mixup there). And, I am not refering to the following box, but rather the video box that pops up, when one is in a screen sharing session with a couple or more people. If we’re for example already using an external video communication tool  – this video box is only a nuisance. 

Thank you for taking time to answer me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Erlend Klette - Oh my, I see now what you mean!

Now that I think about this, I am 99% sure that these video boxes don’t always pop up for me.

I don’t see any mention in the Screen Sharing help article about how to hide these boxes, but I did find this community post where someone was annoyed that these boxes just pop up when they are trying to share their screen.

I couldn’t find any existing Wish List Idea’s posted requesting an option to hide these, so if that is an option that you’d like to have, I would recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know. If you’re not interested in posting this as a Wish List Idea, please let me know and I will gladly do so :relaxed: 

Userlevel 1

Cool!

It’s actually something that started poping up quite recently – so it seems like a new addition the the feature. 

I posted the idea now; hope I did it correctly. Thank you for your time:) 

Best regards,

Erlend

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Erlend Klette - Found your post - it looks good! I added a screenshot and my vote. By the way, you can vote for your own idea :wink:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/hide-or-minimize-video-box-when-screen-sharing-1959