Skip to main content
Answered

I can not edit my board

• 8 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I can not edit my board. I am an owner and the only user, the board is not marked as "View Only", but when I open it I can't neither created new text or shape, nor edit any existing. There is no error message or any indication. Just when I double-click on, let's say a text, I can see that for a half of a second the text component changes into editable mode and the resets, component even becomes unselected (this is the state when you left-click on a component once).

Re-login did not help. Also, I can edit my another board.... what's going on?

4 replies

Okay, for myself I solved the issue by coping this board and the new instance does not have this problem. But it is a workaround for a bug (looks like it is unintended behavior).

Basically, my post happened to be a bug report.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Cosmic Flow 

Sorry to hear about your issues. Appreciate you updating the post that you figured it out, so it’s helpful for other users. Thanks so much!

I have the same issue, will try and copy my board to see if I can make it editable again.

Edit:

I can confirm that at least for me the workaround (copying the read-only board) did the trick. Just no idea why this would happen. I only have two boards in my team (free plan, me as the only member and admin of the team), so the three board limit should not be in effect.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Christian B 

Hmmm. Not sure why that would happen either but thank you for sharing your tips and insights, as it may help some of the users later on.