Skip to main content
Answered

How to set start view?

• 11 May 2020
  • 9 replies

Good morning. In the past I have set the frame that a collaborator will go to when a Miro board I own is opened. I cannot remember how to do this and for the life of me cannot find it in the help.  Can someone help me figure this out?  

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Joseph Miller -

I think you are referring to the Set Start View option in the Settings menu for the board:

Badge

Thank you!  Exactly what I was looking for.

if you use the copy link option from a frame then it will create a link like this…

https://miro.com/app/board/*****/?moveToWidget=3074457358139238724&cot=14

You can then give this link to the participants of a meeting and the link will jump straight to the frame.

This seems to have changed. Any updates to new location of this button?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@minebe - You can find the "set start view" action by either right-clicking on a blank spot on the board or from the board settings (gear icon at top-left of Miro board, Board, set start view).

@minebe - You can find the "set start view" action by either right-clicking on a blank spot on the board or from the board settings (gear icon at top-left of Miro board, Board, set start view).

I couldnt see it in the settings, but found it via the right-click menu from an empty place in the canvas, so thank you :-)

Settings Menu
Right-click Menu

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I couldnt see it in the settings, but found it via the right-click menu from an empty place in the canvas, so thank you :-)

Settings Menu
Right-click Menu

@Cameron Parker - Under settings, it should be in "Board".

@Cameron Parker - Under settings, it should be in "Board".

@Robert Johnson thanks for your quick reply! I can’t see it there either. I’m not the board owner, so maybe that has an impact?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Cameron Parker - From the options you are showing, perhaps you have been added to that board as a Guest (not even a team member). When I add one of my accounts as a Guest, I see the same:

When I look at a board’s Board settings as a non-board owner team member, I see:

Which is nearly the same as the board owner (owner can also delete):