Skip to main content

After the lines are connected to a box (i.e., an activation box), if I resize that box, all the lines will move with it. 

This isn’t an intended consequence because now all the lines move and overlap each other. Is there a way to resize the box or element, so the lines don’t move? I tried to select multiple lines and move them away (or disconnect) from the box, but it doesn’t work.

Thanks!

11 months and I could use an answer to this question, How do I make an object taller without moving all the connected objects. 

Hi @Joe Fisher 

Thanks for following up on this thread!

Currently, resizing a box or element in Miro does indeed cause connected lines to move along with it, which can be challenging when trying to maintain layout integrity.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a built-in feature to resize an object independently of connected lines. As a workaround, you might consider:

1. After resizing the box, manually reposition the lines as needed.
  2. If feasible, temporarily disconnect the lines, resize the box, and then reconnect the lines. This can be cumbersome but may help in precise adjustments.
  3. Organize objects in frames or layers to manage layout more effectively, though this doesn’t directly address the resizing issue.

For any updates or new features related to this, please keep an eye on the Miro Community or submit a feature request if this functionality is crucial for your workflow.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions or need further assistance!