Skip to main content

The same element can be locked down when it is “freely” on Miro board, but once I move it over a table I created the locking is unable. You can also lock the same elements over picture.

Just to make sure, I know how to lock the elements. I just want to know why the locking is unable over a tables/boards and whether there is any possibility to lock them. 

@Lotta Kamunen -

My assumption is that you are using the table (formerly known as a grid) object? If so, there’s already a wish list item here for modifying the locking behavior of items within the grid to be consistent with those outside. You may wish to upvote this item: https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/locking-objects-within-grids-1378

Kiron 

Hello, has this locking thing been updated ? It seems like a hit or miss for me. 

Hi obviously this is still an issue. At least for preparations for a workshop there is workaround:

1. generate table
  2. put elements on top
  3. move table underneath aside
  4. lock all the elements
  5. move the table back underneath the locked elements
  6. lock the table (if this makes sense - in my case it is a locked calendar where people just put further elements on to the table)

Not really nice an only makes sense when you want to stick elements to the table not to be modified and do not want to edit the cells of the table.

Thank you for the tips, @Stefan Heiligensetzer. I’m sure it will be useful for other users. We appreciate it.