Has anyone found a solution for a laptop overheating while in Miro?

• 7 October 2022
  • 2 replies

I’ve been using miro to run activities with my research and design students. Only one seems to be having the issue with their laptop overheating. 

I found these posts, but it didn’t seem like there was a follow-up if any of the solutions worked. I am having them try out the method mention and see what they find.

If anyone has advice, I’d greatly appreciate hearing it. It’s sad to not have them collaborate with the other students for our activities. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The only time I have seen my laptops (three different ones) struggle while on a Miro board is when there are big/complex PDF documents, e.g., CAD drawings, 1000s of objects on the board, or 200+ participants.

Ruling out Miro as the root cause, there are likely other processes that are putting the laptop under strain and then any additional processing, e.g., Miro, could be pushing it over the top. The issue could even be hardware related. 🤷

Personally, I would say that, unless you are an experienced computer technician, attempting to troubleshoot someone’s individual computer would be futile.

I would suggest they consult with their laptop manufacturer or a professional computer technician.

However… while I’m here, they could try:

• shutting down all other processes
  • if using a browser, try
    • a different one
    • an incognito/private window (or disabling any browser extensions)
  • The Miro desktop app.

Thanks Robert! 

It’s none of that since this a course of 5 students and I use separate boards for activities.

I am having them try the Miro desktop app, but if that and the others fail, I’ll ask them to contact the tech support.