Skip to main content

Everything on my whiteboard is BLURRED!

• 16 June 2024
  • 7 replies

I’ve just started using Miro and have noticed that whether I’ve zoomed in or out, everything is blurred. I’m on a PC. I have a good graphics card and can play high res games, so the problem is definitely not at my end.

Please help.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@cosmic

In my 6+ years of using Miro on Windows 10 and 11, I have never experienced burring as you are describing.

Can you describe your setup? E.g.,

• Which OS version?
  • How are you accessing Miro? E.g., a supported browser (which one?)
  • Miro desktop app?
  • Likely the most important: Your display? Laptop, desktop, external? Connection type?
    • What I have seen cause issues in the past – not only with Miro, but other applications – do you have any custom display scaling applied?

If you are using a paid subscription of Miro, you can open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

Userlevel 1

Browsers: It is blurred in both Chrome and Microsoft Edge

I downloaded the Miro desktop app and it was still blurry.

Display: Desktop PC Monitor

I’m not sure what you mean by custom display scaling. I haven’t had this blur problem with any other apps or web-based programs.

Except for the blurring issue, I really like Miro, but until the issue is resolved, I can’t do a paid subscription.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@cosmic 

In this post, a user stated that setting their scaling to 100% fixed a similar sounding issue.

You should be able to get to the System > Display settings by right-clicking on your desktop and selecting Display settings. From that screen, scroll down to Scale & layout > Scale:

Userlevel 1

These are my settings.

What should I change them to to get rid of the blur?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@cosmic

Thanks for sharing the additional information and screenshot. Your settings match mine/what I would expect them to look like. At this point, I don’t know what else to try. Hopefully another Community member or a Mironeer will have some ideas.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@cosmic - something else to try is to disable hardware acceleration - here are steps for Chrome:

https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/22543012795799-Troubleshooting-How-to-Disable-Hardware-Acceleration-on-Your-Browser#:~:text=Click%20Chrome%20%3E%20Preferences.,available%E2%80%9D%20and%20restart%20Google%20Chrome.

Userlevel 1

I tried both disabling and enabling the hardware acceleration, but still the same issue. 

Maybe there’s something wrong with my pc. Yet, other apps work fine. 

I appreciate you trying to help. Hopefully someone out there will know.