Skip to main content

Hello,

How can a non-logged-in user with whom I shared a link to my board can download it to disk without logging in?

Hi @Lakox 

Currently, downloading a Miro board requires the user to be logged in. Miro's sharing settings and permissions are designed to ensure that only authorized users can access and download content.

If you want someone to download the board, they'll need to create a Miro account and log in.

Here’s a list of helpful articles:

Thank you for your respones. I would like to change that setting anyway. What can I do to change that situation? This is very big problem for me.

Hi @Lakox Thanks for your prompt response!

You may submit a feature request if this functionality is crucial for your workflow. Here’s a guide on how to: Everything You Need to Know About Miro Wish List.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions or need further assistance!

Hi @Lakox 

If you don’t mind me chiming in - I am GLAD that a non logged-in user cannot download.

There has to be some privacy involved, because in some sense, my boards are my intellectual property. I like the fact I can enable people to SEE them - but I want to carefully control who can DOWNLOAD them, because a download means they have access to all my content, images, etc.

The way it’s set up today, I can share links to people who are not logged in - they are free to surf around on the board, take as many screenshots as they like - but I don’t worry that my actual objects will be so easily “stolen.”

Does that make sense?

Cheers, Ken

@Kenneth Ritley Sorry, but it doest seeems logical for me. I have a need to share board with my friends. They need to download it. They do not want to login becouse it takes time and bring any benefit. So simple solution is making a setting option where owner can choose what he want. Simple as that.

Hi @Lakox 

OH!  I think you and I meant different things! “Download” for me meant exporting the file to a specially-formatted “Miro RTB” backup file, which you can store on your local harddrive then load back up into Miro. 

What do you mean by “download”?  (Probably you don’t mean view, because the cool thing about Miro is that you can set your boards up so that people without a license can see them, e.g. people who have not logged in.)

If you mean create a PDF file . . . then I do sympathize with you very much. I think Miro offers this feature to people -- but they need at least a certain level of license.

Is that what you meant by download? Sorry if I misunderstood!

Cheers, Ken