Skip to main content
Question

Deleting gaps in org chart

• 12 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello,

Im sure there is a simple solution I am missing here, but I tried everything that I could think of.

In my company’s org chart, I have deleted employees that were in the middle of a team, and now there is a gap there I really want to close. Please see picture attached. 

Can you help me understand how to do that? 

Thank you in advance! 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Ofir 

Not sure if you tried this but I found that if I select the lines and the objects I want in a group, I can change their size and placement, thus making the space between the lines smaller. In this image below, the cat and one line are linked and I can move them around and make them bigger or smaller.

Does that help you at all? I’d start with highlighting one of your lines and the names/objects next to it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ofir - From the limited view of your screenshot, it looks like you are using a mind map object.

There was a recent post about this where, even with Auto layout being disabled, users cannot place nodes exactly where they want without nearby nodes moving - the post is here:

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/auto-arranging-mind-map-nodes-16735

Thank you both!