Skip to main content

Bug :: Can't change text of a shape - Double click moves shape instead.

• 28 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Description: When I double click a shape to edit the text it moves another shape instead. This bug makes Miro almost unusable.

Browser - MS Edge

Scenario:

Three basic rectangle shapes overlap each other all having text content. - Img 1

Img 1

When double clicking the smallest rectangle is moves another rectangle instead. - Img 2

Img 2

This continues until all somehow ā€œlinkedā€ shapes are moved before the text of that shape can be edited.

Ā 

Workaround:Ā It works to edit the text or the shape itself when doing the following:

1. Select the shape
  2. Scroll one iterationĀ with the mouse wheel. Direction does not matterĀ - Now the shape can be edited.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Philipp FerchĀ 

Wow - thatā€™s weird.

I tried it myself and had no issues.

Probably you know this already, but when VWMT (Very Weird Miro Things) happen, it often pays to clear the browser cache or (in the app) select help-->reset. You can often test if this will fix the issue by using a different browser or your own browser in private/incognito mode.

Probably to keep the experience ultrafast Miro relies very, very heavily on caching data within the browser . . . but sometimes that data get screwed up. Iā€™ve encountered all sorts of effects - stuff not doing what I tell it to, ā€œghostā€ objects and the like.

Hope this helps!Ā  Ken

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Philipp FerchĀ - Like Ken, I am unable to reproduce the issue. However, while you have mentioned three basic rectangle shapes, there alsoĀ appears to be (at least one) connection line - and where does that line go/attach to, and are these objects on top of/in other objects/etc. There very well may be a bug under certain, previously untested conditions, but more information is needed.

If Kenā€™s suggestions of clearing your browser cache/cookies (also try disabling all browser extensions,) does not resolve this issue, then this should be reported to the Miro support team for further investigation.

If you have a paid Miro subscription, I would suggest that you open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions.

If you do not have a paid subscription, please let me know and I will make sure one is opened on your behalf.