Skip to main content
Answered

Board Size - how to help the participants to find the object on the board?

• 9 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi

Ive setup an ice breakers where I’ve asked delegates to access a board with a map and add a post it note with their name and some other info. The problem is, when guests access the board they are struggling to find the map since the board is large. Is there a way of reducing the size of the board so that it is only as large as the map image? Or is there some other recommendation here?

much appreciated

Paddy

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @nagrap. This sounds like an ideal use case for setting the board’s Start view. Once you set the start view to your desired location, i.e., your map, the board will load to that location.

Another option is to use the Copy link feature (go to this page and search for “Linking to an object”). This let’s you create an external link that will take a user directly to a specific object on a board.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@nagrap -

Beyond @Robert Johnson’s suggestions, I’d recommend putting the map in a frame and then in the Frame panel move the map frame to the top of the list. That way, participants just need to click on the Frame panel icon to open it, then click on the map frame and they will be zoomed there.

Kiron