Introducing: a new guest role (beta) & renaming roles

• 19 October 2021
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Whether it’s freelancers, contractors, agencies, or anyone outside your team, it takes a village to move projects from kickoff to completion. We’re making it easier and more secure to support external collaboration with a new role in beta: guests. It’s totally free and exclusively for our Business and Consultant Plan users. 

We’ve also simplified our existing roles to empower collaboration at every level: 

• Anonymous guest editors are now visitors.
  • Non-team members are now guests.

Check out the image below to see when we recommend using which role and the differences between them: 

If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll help you out. 

Happy collaborating, 

Dominique 

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Dominique Rolink -

Sounds like a great change - can you add the image covering the differences between the two roles into this thread as it wasn’t in the original posting?

Kiron

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @kiron

Theres a handy little table on the Help Center Article 
Please let me know if this is clear or if you have any other feedback :) 

Dominique 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Dominique Rolink - Happy about this, but very disappointed that most of the new smart diagramming packs are only available for Business and Enterprise Plans :(

https://community.miro.com/peer-support-45/consultant-plan-diagramming-packs-are-not-available-6205

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Robert Johnson

Indeed Miro Smart Diagramming is only available for Business and Enterprise Plan users, but Miro Smart Meetings will be available in Beta for Edu, Consultant, Business, Enterprise. AND Team Plan, so you can try this out for free until the end of the year :) 

hope this helps, 

Dominique 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Dominique Rolink -

Can you confirm that there is no reduction in capability when using the new visitor role as compared with the current anonymous guest editor access method?

Thanks!

Kiron

No guests on enterprise level? :expressionless:

-Aleksi

Is there any reason why this isnt available for enterprise level? Is the only alternative day passes?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi everyone and apologies for the late reply 😔

@Kiron Bondale  there is no change to the functionality of how the anonymous guest editor role works, the only change is the name. 

@Aleksi Sillanmäki & @Adrian Weigel thank you for sharing your interest in this role and we’re looking into how to bring the new Guest role to teams on our Enterprise plan over time. We want to take our time to make sure any changes we roll out in Enterprise take into consideration all of the unique needs of businesses operating at scale. Rest assured that we will work with you to make sure you’re informed of any changes we make in the future that impact you. 

-Dominique 🙇‍♀️

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Kiron Bondale, also wanted to let you know we updated the table a little bit more on the HC article to make it easier to read and see the differences between each of the roles. :) 

We are also very eager to have a new and more secure Guest role in the Enterprise edition that will pass our security requirements. 

Do I have to request access to this beta feature, like I did with Smart Meetings? When I try to add someone as a guest, the only option I have is to give them a day pass and the description of this feature suggests that I should have other options.

Note: I’m on the consultant plan and am already part of the smart meeting beta so if it was supposed to come with that, it doesn’t appear to have.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Dominique Rolink  - I am in the same boat as @Mike Bowler - Consultant Plan, Smart Meetings beta, but no new guest editor beta or any idea on how to request to be a part of it.

Badge

@Dominique Rolink   same as @Mike Bowler and @Robert Johnson  here.  Any advice on how to access this beta feature would be very welcome.  (Consultant Plan)

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Robert Johnson & @Mike Bowler , @acurth you do not have to request this feature, however we are rolling this out in stages. The last step of rollout is is for Day Pass users. 

Do you by any chance have users in your account using day passes, or have used day passes in the last 6 months? 

If this is the case then you will have gotten an email about how we’re slowly transitioning away from day passes, and will in mid December roll out guest functionality to you.  More communication will follow this week on what steps you must take to transition away from Day Passes so we can rollout guests to your accounts. This has been done to avoid any users losing access. 

Hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any other questions.

Dominique 

@Dominique Rolink I’ve never used day passes

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Everyone, 

I’ve spoken to @Mike Bowler  separately and we will manually transition his account to have guests enabled. @acurth & @Robert Johnson as you also have consultant plan this can also be done for you. 

If you could drop our support team a quick message (please make sure you are logged in when doing so), then they will know which account to manually move. 

Hope you’ll soon be able to enjoy this new role :) 

Dominique 

Badge

Hi Everyone, 

I’ve spoken to @Mike Bowler  separately and we will manually transition his account to have guests enabled. @acurth & @Robert Johnson as you also have consultant plan this can also be done for you. 

If you could drop our support team a quick message (please make sure you are logged in when doing so), then they will know which account to manually move. 

Dominique 

Excellent, thank you @Dominique Rolink !!!  I'll do that now.

Hi,

How can we get the Guest function enabled? We got the email with the explanation about the transition. We like it, so we’d like to make the change already.. but when following the article that explains how to activate the BETA Guest feature, I end up in my backend not seeing that feature in my “Permissions” tab… Can anyone flip the switch on our account ? 

Thanks,

Jonas.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Jonas, 

At the moment, if you want to transition your account to have guests, you would need to create a support ticket. This way they can manually convert your account. Please make sure to login with your email so that they can see which account is connected :) 

Dominique 

On the Business plan, can “Guests” edit a board they are invited to? 

We just signed up and have seats on our plan for everyone that will use Miro regularly (product/design). Occasionally, I will hold a design sprint where I invite stakeholders from Marketing, Support, etc. Those stakeholders need the ability to edit a specific board for a week (add/edit stickies, upload sketches, vote, etc) - Can “Guests” do all of these things or do I have to make the board public and invite them as “Visitors”? I do not want my design sprint boards public...

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Shelly, absolutely guests can view/comment or edit any board they are invited to. 

Just enter their email in the board sharing window, select can edit, and then you will have the option to invite as a member or a guest. Guests have almost the same rights as members on the board, they just cannot create boards/recover board history or share boards. Here is a full comparison of features of Visitors, Guests and Members, 

This indeed would mean that you do not have to make the board public. :) 

Hope this helps, but let me know if you need anything else! 

Dominique