Anonymous Guest Editors

• 17 April 2020
  • 33 replies

Show first post

33 replies

I have invited a large number of people in my company to a planning session.  I want any of them that add, move or delete notes to have a license.  However, when I see a guest using the board, I cannot determine who that is so that I can get a license to them.  Is there a way to identify contact info for guests using the board?

Hi all,

Great feature.

I do have a problem: anonymous guest editors somehow are not able to copy paste sticky notes… Did anyone else bump into this problem? If yes, how can it be solved?

Thanks,

Jasper

@Kiron Bondale 

Thanks for the rapid reply! I'm sharing with full edit access. And somehow it doesn't work… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I have invited a large number of people in my company to a planning session.  I want any of them that add, move or delete notes to have a license.  However, when I see a guest using the board, I cannot determine who that is so that I can get a license to them.  Is there a way to identify contact info for guests using the board?

@Scott Killen - Besides them just telling you who they are, if they are signed into a Miro account profile, e.g., they signed up for Free Plan or are on a number of teams, then you will see whatever name they entered in their account’s Profile settings → Profile details:

@Kiron Bondale 

Thanks for sharing.

I'm also not able to properly do video chat with anonymous guest editors (tried it on several browsers, including chrome; and tried it on several computers and tablets). It loads extremely slowly, and only one person is visible… 

Does anyone have an idea what the issue could be?

Thank you!

Did I miss a change in handling anonymous editors? Today I saw, that anonymous editors can’t download embedded files (pdf) anymore. 

@Lena Shenkarenko  is this in the API? Wondering if we can automatically invite our clients to boards as guests.  When I follow the docs below, it seems like ‘editor’ is the classic kind not the new ‘guest editor’ kind.

https://developers.miro.com/reference#share-board

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Did I miss a change in handling anonymous editors? Today I saw, that anonymous editors can’t download embedded files (pdf) anymore. 

It sounds like the Board Content Settings need to be adjusted to enable “anyone with the board link” can copy/download content. More on this here → https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018350399-Board-Content-Settings