Anonymous Guest Editors

• 17 April 2020
  • 33 replies

Show first post

33 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey there,

I have the education account and I cant use the function for anonymous guest editors anymore.

Did miro closed this beta feature or might it be something else?

Thanks to all,

C

Corinna, it seems like your account is one of a few that temporarily don’t have access to anonymous Guest Editors – and if that is the case, a fix is on its way. If you want to have our support team look into it for you, please, reach out to them at support@miro.com.

Hey there,

I have the education account and I cant use the function for anonymous guest editors anymore.

Did miro closed this beta feature or might it be something else?

Thanks to all,

C

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi there @Zachary! At the moment, guest editors can only get generated names. To collaborate with the real name user will need to sign up/sign in. Is that correct that you’d like a non-registered guest editor to participate using a preferred name of their choice? Your question sounds like a great feature request - you can post it on the Wish list: https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32

Hi, I’m new on Miro and am testing the “Teams” license features. 

Question :-

I’d want guest editors to have frictionless joining (no signup/signin) via a link. How can they join with a name, as opposed to being given random names such as  “Guest Innovator” or “Guest Explorer”?

It's a pretty important question. Zoom already had to deal with some hackers that found ways to generate the meeting links on the free plans. They had people “bombing” the meetings because there was no password. Super important, if you are going to allow people to create content on a board, that it be protected with at least a password or some type of token authorization before the person can join. Otherwise, you risk having things posted on your board that you never imagined or wanted…

@mlanders Very good point you made. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Baljeet Kumar :

That was exact the reason why I created this wish:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/password-protected-public-boards-350

And I would like to see the following for everyone (no matter if it’s a free - guest editor - or a not free - member - account) I invite to my board:

Michael

How do i restrict it to only a few known collaborators once the board is made public?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Just make sure you un-share the board once the collaboration with the Guests is completed to avoid the potential for the board to get hacked in case the public URL leaks...