Question

Sticky note is not created in local app

• 1 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hey guys,

I created a local Miro app (at localhost:3000) where I have an Add a sticky button. If I press the button, nothing will happen. There are no errors in the browser console. I tried pasting this code to the console:

await miro.board.createStickyNote({

content: ‘Hello, World!’,

});

but it wouldn’t do anything either.

Am I missing something?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@John Deau - I haven’t worked as a developer in nearly twenty years, but I do tinker a bit still. That being said, while I won’t be able to definitively answer your question, I will try to at least give you some ideas.

I opened a console in Chrome, loaded the SDK, and used your code, which worked (after I changed the single-quote character - I think this was just due to this forum software changing the character on me during a copy-paste):

Does your app have write permissions?

With my text app using the above permissions and running locally, I added this button and it created the sticky note:

<button onClick="miro.board.createStickyNote({ content: 'Hello, World!', });">Create sticky</button>

Finally, while the developer platform team does monitor this forum, another source for asking these questions is the Miro Developer Platform Discord sever - the link can be found on this page (search for “Discord”) → https://developers.miro.com/