Answered

Settings for a web-plugin

• 17 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi all!

How do I set up my plugin to have settings on the Apps&Integrations page? I would like to give the user some configuration options.

Alternatively, I guess this can be done with a modal view (to configure) and a hidden widget (to store). Is that a good approach? Are there better ways to let the user configure a plugin?

Thanks for your help :) 

icon

Best answer by Max Harper 17 November 2020, 15:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Maximilian Poprawe 
Currently there’s not the ability to expose a public variable readable from the apps and int page. BUT that is a great request for the next version of the SDK. 

Storing user config state: 

• at the board level… I think the hidden widget with meta data is reasonable… but it won’t be global to a user across all boards.
  • back on your own server/database…would allow global settings for a user but would need to happen in accordance with Miro data/security policies. 

Thanks @Max Harper !

Actually, the fact that the hidden widget allows to easily share the config between users on the same board + differs automatically between different boards is exactly the behavior I want in my current scenario - so I guess it perfectly suits my needs.

However, I agree, a possibility for web-plugin settings on team level would be great!