Skip to main content

Hii team

I have created a react and embedded the miro board in it with some shapes but I can not edit those shapes. ( I am using a free account) 

Also if I purchase the paid version can I make:

1. Do edits on canvas
  2. Use AI generation feature
  3. Remove the “Developer Team” water mark 

Hi @Samartha Khare 

Welcome to the Miro Community!

It sounds like you're running into a few issues with embedding and editing your Miro board in your React application. Let's address each of your concerns:

1. If you're unable to edit shapes on the embedded Miro board, it might be due to restrictions in the API or settings on your Miro account. Could you provide more details about how you're embedding the board? Are you using the Miro Embed API, or is it an iframe? If possible, please share a video or screenshot of the issue you're encountering; this will help us better understand the problem.

2. With a paid Miro plan, you should be able to make more advanced edits and have additional features available for collaboration. If you’re on a free plan, your access may be limited.

3. This is available on specific paid plans. It would be helpful to know which plan you’re considering to provide more precise information.

4. This watermark typically appears on boards when using certain features or accounts. A paid plan often removes these watermarks, but it’s worth confirming based on the plan you choose.

If you could provide more details on the issues or share a video demonstrating the problem, that would greatly assist in diagnosing and resolving the issue.

Looking forward to your response!

Hii Eca 

I am using iframe ,btw with rest api “create board” I created a new board and embedded it

body: JSON.stringify({
    description: 'hello',
    name: 'Test',
    policy: {
      permissionsPolicy: {
        collaborationToolsStartAccess: 'all_editors',
        copyAccess: 'anyone',
        sharingAccess: 'owner_and_coowners'
      },
      sharingPolicy: {
        access: 'edit',
        inviteToAccountAndBoardLinkAccess: 'editor',
        organizationAccess: 'edit',
        teamAccess: 'edit'
      }
    }
  })

It gave an error message: ”Insufficient permissions to perform operation” 

Please do tell is AI generation feature available with this or with any other way of embedding board I am looking for those plans which offers embedding and AI feature ?

Thanks 

Samartha Khare :)

Hi @Samartha Khare 

Thank you for providing more details about your setup. It seems like you’re encountering a couple of challenges with both permissions and AI features.

The "Insufficient permissions to perform operation" error often occurs when your API token doesn’t have the necessary permissions, or your current Miro plan doesn’t support the operations you’re trying to perform. Since you’re using a free account, it’s likely that some of these permissions (like creating boards or setting specific collaboration policies) are restricted.

As of now, AI generation features are typically available directly within Miro's platform and might not be accessible through embedded boards via an iframe or API. These features are generally designed to work within the Miro application itself.

To unlock more advanced features, including editing capabilities and possibly removing watermarks, you would need to upgrade to a paid plan. Plans like Business or Enterprise offer broader access to features and permissions. However, even with a paid plan, embedding Miro boards might still have limitations when it comes to utilizing AI features. It’s best to use these directly within the Miro platform for full functionality.

1.  Ensure that your API token has the necessary permissions. You might need to upgrade to a paid plan to perform certain actions via the API.
  2. Consider upgrading to a plan that meets your needs for embedding and AI features. It’s worth confirming with Miro Support if the specific plan you’re considering will support the features you want to use.

If you have any further questions or need more help, feel free to ask!

Hii Eca

Thanks for providing the insuring details.

Just a small  query with → With business plan at least editing features like changing links(connections), adding some nodes, adding comments , adding or editing text might be available in embedded board

Context: I want to create flowcharts on boards

Thanks Eca ):

Hi @Samartha Khare 

Just catching up on this thread. The “Developer Team” water mark is just there to tell you it’s a “developer team”. This means it’s a test account. It’s meant for testing out your application before you are ready to install them on a “real” team with more users / real use cases. There is no way to remove this water mark. The idea is - you developer your apps, that board is not really meant for more than testing applications.

In terms of embedding boards, have you tried using the live embed option from our developer documentation? 

https://developers.miro.com/docs/miro-live-embed-with-a-direct-link

I think it may help you in this case, and I don’t think you should have any issues editing shapes on the canvas with this option. But please let me know if you do.

In terms of your question around the AI generation feature. Let me clarify from what I understand:

Users on Free, Starter, Business, Education and Enterprise plan can access Miro AI by clicking on the AI button on the top of the creation toolbar on the left hand side. It can also be called on through the context menu of certain widgets (like sticky notes, images and text). 

If the Miro AI feature icon is not available on your Miro board, then your company Admin needs to toggle Miro AI on in settings first. 

You can read more about the details of how to use the features in our help desk article around “Create and Edit with AI”.

Best,
Horea