Locally hosted Miro app not showing up in toolbar

• 11 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

I followed all the steps in this tutorial but couldn’t find the app in the More apps section of the toolbar. I tried running it on Chrome with all security features turned off. Any ideas?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@joelo - Another resource for asking your question is the Miro Developer Platform Discord server - link can be found by search for “discord” on this page → https://developers.miro.com/

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @joelo, there’s a few things that come to mind:

• Is the app correctly loaded in your browser when you visit http://localhost:3000?
  • The app will only appear on the team where you installed it - make sure that the board you’re testing from is in the same team where the app was installed
  • Does localhost:3000 appear in the dev tools network tab when you open a miro board?
Badge

I have the same issue following the tutorial. So frustrating.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@John Ritter and @joelo have you figured out the issue? 

Did you ensure the app is running? i.e. `npm run start` is still running?

Did you ensure you installed the app on a dev team?

Did you ensure you opened the dev team in which you installed the app?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@joelo and @John Ritter 

Is it possible you chose the REST API  framework?

i.e. Miro Node Client Library with Express [REST API] after running the `npx create-miro-app@latest` command?

If so, this is a template that will generate only REST API code. It has no SDK code so it is intended behavior that the app will not show up in the sidebar. 

If you do go to localhost:3000 in your browser, you should be able to go through the Miro OAuth flow and then after you have successfully finished the OAuth flow, you should see something like:

```These are the boards that you have access to:
…..
```

Please let me know if this helps. 

Badge

Thanks @Horea Porutiu I did figure it out. I am using the Brave browser and it had “shields up” on the Miro site. I turned that off and now see the apps I was creating in the toolbar. Thanks for the quick response!