is the toolbar customizable using the SDK 2.0?

Badge

Hi,

I’m working on an App that will have an embedded Miro, and we will have different users with different features around the canvas.

I’m wondering if the toolbar can be customizable? can I remove any item depending on the type of users I have in my application?

I know we can actually “hide” elements from the parent toolbar by moving them to a second level, but I’d like to really remove some features in the toolbar depending on my different types of users.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Juanfra

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @Juanfra! This is definitely a good feature request, but isn’t possible to customize the toolbar based on your users session (this is automatically done based on their viewing rights - viewers don’t have any editing tools)

That being said, we do have an official feature request board you could submit an idea for here! https://developers.miro.com/page/roadmap

Badge

Thanks for the response @Addison Schultz !

One more question, is there a possibility of remove or not allow some actions inside the canvas, for instances: timer, meeting, voting, presentation mode, etc. Can I manage these features depending on my different types of users?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Juanfra

Userlevel 5

Hey Juan, 

Also a great question - I don’t believe this is possible, but might be a good question for our community :)