How to control a embedded miro board using the web sdk

• 14 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

The problem : 

I want to details of the board (specifically the viewport of the board) , that i have embedded to my web app using live embed. I do have the board ID , and accessToken that is given by boardpicker . Is there way any to control the embedded miro board using the web sdk with the details that i already have ?

Currently using the web sdk.js package to the project always returns empty viewport data, mostly because the app is NOT authenticated with the board embedded in my webapp .

Any help is very much appreciated 

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there,

There seems to be a slight misunderstanding - the Live Embed authentication is not the same as the SDK one, as these two are different parts of the Miro Platform.

In order to use SDK methods on this board, you would need to create an app and install it in the same team the board is hosted in - only then you can access the board using SDK methods.

You can find our SDK documentation introduction here - https://developers.miro.com/docs/miro-web-sdk-introduction. Apart from other things, it explains how to create an app and use it for the SDK methods to be applied.