Skip to main content
Question

Get items on board query limit

• 17 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I was trying to get the data using this method https://developers.miro.com/reference/get-items but I have a board with more than 100 items, and I'd like to know if it's possible to increase the query limit or create an app for it, without the need for pagination. I'm new to this, so I'm a bit lost as to how the API, SDK and other tools work. 

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @Henrique Eiji Hamano , 

Good question. If you want to retrieve all the items on a board programmatically, the REST API endpoint you referenced, GET Items, is the best way to do this in bulk.

If you have more than 100 items on a board, you’ll need to make more than 1 request using pagination. For this, you can set a limit such as 100, and then in the API response of the initial request we will return a `links` object which contains a `next` field. You can use the URL returned here to make your subsequent call, and it will provide the next page of results.

I hope it helps!

Badge +1

Hi @William Bishop ,

Thanks for the response, but is there a way to retrieve all the items without the pagination? In my company, at the start of a project we do a brainstorm in miro with sticky notes, so some times we have a lot of items, and to repeat the process of calls can take a lot of our time. In GET Items, there is a limit of 50 strings per call, so I was thinking if there is a way to create a prompt or app, I am not very familiar with this area of API, SDK and so on but if I know it is possible I can learn how to do it.