Bug: When the user application panel closes, an unplanned widget selection occurs.

• 1 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hello!
Select the widget on the board -> open the user application panel -> close the user panel -> remove the selection from the widget. Now if you open the panel again and close it again, the widget will stand out by itself. Moreover, even if the widget is removed, then after closing the panel, dots will fall into the selection (which should not already be on the board).

This bug is definitely not because of my code, because I created an absolutely empty application (below I will give the code that I wrote). This bug appears in my other apps as well.

miro.board.ui.on("icon:click", async () => {
await miro.board.ui.openPanel({url: 'proba.html'});
});

For clarity, I present a video from a file sharing site (it will be available for 6 days).

link

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey @Anton Shherbinin,

I’ve watched your video and don’t have a clue what can be the issue. Are you able to share your board + repo with me?

Cheers,
Mettin

Badge +2

[Before this message I sent another one, it is checked by moderators.]

I must say that I tried disabling all browser extensions, but it didn't help. I have this problem on different boards with different applications.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey @Anton Shherbinin 

Thats a good attempt to resolve the issue! So the issue also happens with other applications, ones that you’re not developing? Then I will need to pass the issue along to the teams that work on the canvas. Could you confirm this?

Cheers,
Mettin

Badge +2

The problem only occurs with my applications that I develop. When I open some panel of an application built into miro (for example, a pen), this bug does not appear. I don't use third-party applications, so I can't say anything about their action in relation to my problem.

I have now tried again to do the same operations that I performed in the video and my problem has disappeared! Now, when closing all pop-up panels, there are no widget selections. I haven't written a single line of code in my apps in the last few days, so it looks like the miro developers fixed the problem. Thank you very much!!! I hope the bug doesn't come back.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Great to hear and thanks for reporting this bug anyway @Anton Shherbinin!

Let us know if you need some help in the future during the development of your app =)