Zooming into assets like PDFs freezes the Miro board and then corrupts it

• 27 October 2021
  • 2 replies

I’ve noticed that when PDFs are brought into a Miro board, and you zoom in… it not only freezes the board, but makes the board corrupted and can’t be open again. You have to duplicate the entire board to even get in, and then it locks up again when you start to zoom into the PDFs. This has happened 3 times with completely separate boards.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jack Skates -

Have you tried accessing Miro and doing this PDF zoom operation using a different device or access method to confirm that it is not related to the system configuration?

If you are able to reproduce it on more than one device or access method, I’d suggest creating a simple board with just a single PDF asset which demonstrates the issue and then open a Miro support request here including the URL for the board: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

I did try it on the native desktop app, and two different browsers and had the same problem. Also happened on multiple boards. If I did it with just a single PDF as a test, that’s not really a real world scenario, but if you feel like screen recording the issue and submitting it helps, more than happy to.