you used to be able to do this great thing on miro but they changed/removed that feature wtf

Solved - but it doesnt work on isolated text boxes, doesnt work on all text boxes like xmind does

you used to be able to dragdrop the boxes/text boxes and then they automatically connect, this made mindmapping better on miro

this was really good ui

but coders at miro removed that feature, but coders removed that feature, and now mindmapping sux

theres not even any options/settings to add it back, they didnt even give users the option, they just removed a really good feature

have tried and retried miro for like 5 years or since beginning 

there was nothing i could find that was good or useful about miro besides that in the past - and they removed it………. ? ……………

………

none of the features wanted has ever been made or done or anything i think

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@test "you used to be able to dragdrop the boxes/text boxes and then they automatically connect"

Not sure I understand… what exactly do you mean?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@test - If you are referring to reassigning nodes, this still works - just drag and drop them - you no longer need to hold down Ctrl/Cmd:

its not working maybe have to make a new board or something

it looks like it only works with boxes that are connected to things, and not singular/discrete boxes thats why

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@test 

it looks like it only works with boxes that are connected to things

If by “boxes” that are “connected to things” you mean “mind map nodes” that are “connected to a mind map”, then, yes, this is how it works.

and not singular/discrete boxes

If by “singular/discrete boxes” you mean other Miro objects, e.g., Sticky Notes, Text, Shapes, Cards, then you are again correct. As far back as I can remember, Miro mind maps have never supported the dragging-and-dropping of non-mind map objects onto a mind map.

The only time a singular/discrete entity can be added to a mind map is when that singular entity is a mind map root/central node.