Answered

Word-wrap related crash in MS Store Miro Windows app when typing at the end of a line after backspacing

• 28 April 2021
  • 4 replies

I am experiencing an easily reproducible crash when using the Windows app and it appears to be related to word-wrap happening on a Note and then typing at the end of the line after backspacing. This happens to me many times every day (I presume because I am a terribly inaccurate typist) and is incredibly frustrating.

To reproduce:

1. Create a new note on a board.
  2. Type “Uses Duo Heir” (this should wrap to three lines).
  3. Realize you’ve once again mistyped ‘hierarchy’.
  4. Hit backspace three times. The line will now unwrap back to the second line.
  5. Type ‘i’ in an effort to actually spell a word correctly.
  6. The app will freeze up and then crash.

Please let me know if there’s a better way to report this. It’s slowly driving me mad.

icon

Best answer by Zach Lute 28 April 2021, 19:10

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Zach Lute - I am unable to reproduce this:

About my setup:

@Zach Lute - What is your set up? Have you tried resetting the app data? Instructions on how to do this here.

@Robert Johnson I was using the Microsoft Store version, so I tried the full app and that seems to have resolved the issue for me. So somebody may want to look at this for the Store version, but I am happy for now. :)

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Zach Lute - Great! Honestly, you are better off with the full version from Miro’s site. It does everything the MS store version does, and more.

I will forward this post along to Miro support so they are aware.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Zach Lute - Update from Miro support:

We've escalated the problem to the Tech team and will get back to you as soon as we have any news from them. Please bear with us!