Widget Rendering Issues Lately (2022)

• 22 April 2022
  • 1 reply

My coworkers and I use Miro constantly as part of our planning and retrospection processes. Lately, we’ve noticed that many of our boards will have issues with Emojis, Images, and even stickies not rendering. This happens for team members even if this is the only Miro board they have open in their browser or the Miro app. The boards themselves don’t have anywhere close to the limit of 100,000 mentioned in the documentation, or even 20,000. I’d guess the # of widgets is in the thousands, not 10s of thousands. 

Has anyone else been having similar issues recently? I feel like using Miro in 2021 in the same manner I didn’t have these problems, and these issues seem to have been introduced in late 2021 or early 2022? 

Is the Miro team aware of this and looking into it? I’d rather have more stability/reliability than new features at this point. Members of my team are complaining enough that they might want to move away from the tool, and I’d hate to do that. Miro has been so vital for our collaboration. I’m giving them the advice of making more boards with fewer widgets, but I’m not sure that’s going to cut it. 

Example

These are just sticky notes not loading.

1 reply

I’m seeing the same issue when I first load a board. This happens on different browsers, different operating systems and computers, different internet connections, and both wired and wireless networks, so I think those differences can be ruled out.

For me, the issue occurs with only some non-basic shapes. Other shapes from the same group do render.
For example, the Secret shape from the Kubernetes group fails to render initially:

Two objects, a Text and a Shape, are selected but only the Text object is visible

However, if I drag the object slightly, it renders:

After dragging, both objects finally render

Although dragging is a workaround, it’s inconvenient because I have to be careful to undo the drag and to not mess up the layout and alignment.

Strangely, some shapes from the same Kubernetes group do render initially: