Why are my accounts linked?

I have a miro account set up through my gmail, but I also set up an eduction account through my .edu email.

However, everytime I login with the .edu, the account that shows up under profile on my Miro page is my gmail. 

I don’t know why this is happening nor how to separate them. In this, I’m not getting access to the features that I should under my .edu account. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@brandonguyperson - I am not an SSO expert, but let’s talk this out.

When you created your Miro account with your Gmail, did you use the “Sign up with Google” option?

Next, for your .edu Miro account, I assume you created account just by email and password?

Sign in process

If you were to completely sign out of Miro in a browser, and clear your cache, are you saying that when you:

1. Go to miro.com
  2. Select Login
  3. Enter your *@*.edu email address and a password
  4. then once signed in, when you go to https://miro.com/app/settings/user-profile/, and scroll down the page, you now see a Gmail email address?

This is correct @Robert Johnson 

I did this in incognito and I still see my gmail there, despite having logged in via SSO using the university .edu account through Microsoft.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@brandonguyperson - Thanks for confirming. Since I am only a volunteer here, and have no insights into the innerworkings of user accounts, I think we should get the support team involved to have a closer look.

I will convert your post into a support ticket and you should receive a confirmation email to your Gmail address right away. I would suggest that you respond to the email right away with the full details that you have not shared here publicly (your Gmail and .edu address and a link to your team profile page, e.g.:)

Anything you can share up front can only help speed up the support team’s investigation.

@Robert Johnson Thanks for this! I got the ticket and responded. Appreciate your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@brandonguyperson - You’re welcome! If you could update this post with the outcome, I would be curious to know if the issue was related to something in the back-end that only Miro could fix, or if there was something you/the end-user could have done to resolve the issue.