Skip to main content

THis never used to happen.

It’s a huge inconvenience for my clients. 

Miro seems to say it’s not happening. But it is.

Anyone?

Hi @Campusland,

Thanks for reaching out!

The users will only be asked to sign in or create an account if the board wasn't shared with them as visitors. If this didn't happen before, it's likely because they were invited as visitors. Now, since they’re being asked to log in, it’s possible that the board's sharing settings may not have been set up correctly.

To invite users as visitors, follow these steps:

1. Go to your dashboard and hover over the board card.
  2. Click the three dots in the top right corner.
  3. Click Share.
  4. Next to 'Anyone with the link,' select Can view, Can comment, or Can edit. You can also protect your board with a password.
  5. Click Copy board link and share it directly with the user.

✏️ Note: Sharing boards with visitors may not be possible if your Enterprise Admin has restricted public sharing. If this option is unavailable, please contact your Admin for assistance.

For more details, you can refer to this guide: Collaboration with Visitors.

Hope this helps!

HI @Campusland 

FWIW a similar thing happened to me. I teach a class with 30 students. As Eca above mentioned, I set the sharing to “view” - copied the link - and sent it out to all students.  I’ve done this literally dozens of times before.

In this case, most of them could simply land directly on the board. But there were others who got redirected to a sign-up page.

NONE of them had Miro licenses.

So . . . why this happened to some users and not to other users, I don’t know. It was frustrating. I think after repeated tries it worked for everyone.

@Campusland - I had someone receive this once when I sent them a Visitor/public access link:

But not everyone received the same dialogue.

To dismiss it, they had to click the the top-left "Sign up later" link (which was not obvious).

@Robert Johnson  THANKS!  I did not know this, but now that is in my “go bag” for when this happens again!