Visitors can choose their nicknames

• 28 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Guests cannot choose their nicknames, this generates difficulties for the animators. As soon as the user logs in, it would be great to give him the choice to enter his nickname.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@BenjaminL - FYI: I updated the title of this Wish List post from “Users” to “Visitors” as Guest users are different from Visitors.

If you have the Smart Meetings beta feature, you can allow Visitors to name themselves:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/4883344893970

OMG, thank you very much @Robert Johnson , I hadn't seen this feature 😬 It's my fault

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

OMG, thank you very much @Robert Johnson , I hadn't seen this feature 😬 It's my fault

No worries! Because this feature is currently baked into another feature (which is in beta) it’s not always clear who will have it and who will not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

To be fair, the Guest/Visitor system can be a bit confusing, probably due to the somewhat fuzzy terminology (although there’s a clear etymological distinction between the two words, they are often used as synonyms in daily speech). I often have to think twice when talking about Guests vs Visitors in Miro. 😄