Visibility on items

• 13 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello! 

It’s been a while since I last used Miro and I guess there has been some changes and updates. But, there is one thing I can’t find and it’s when creating different boards or elements, it was possible to make it not visible, so in case of running a brainstorming or retro members were not able to see the different elements and be focused on what was discussed. 

Has this disappeared? Am I doing something wrong? 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Laura O'campo -

The most common way to do this is for the facilitator to break the board content up using frames and then set the frames you don’t want visible to hidden from either the frames panel, or by clicking on the frame header and then clicking on the “eye” tool in the pop-up toolbar.

Kiron

Hello! 

Thank you @Kiron Bondale , that’s how I used to do it, but it seems I can’t do that anymore 

Attaching a screenshot of what I’m seeing

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Laura O'campo - While the Hidden Frames feature is available on all plans except for the Free Plan, it is only available to the board owner (or co-owner on Consultant/Business/Enterprise Plans).

More on the feature here → https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018261813-Frames#Hiding_and_revealing_frames

Assuming you are on an eligible plan, in order for you to use the feature, the board owner will need to make you a co-owner. Other options would be

1. for the owner to transfer board ownership to you
  2. or for you to duplicate the board (at which point you would be the owner of the duplicate) - Note: the board owner may need to adjust the board content copy permissions in order for you to have the option to duplicate the board.

All of this, of course, is under the assumption that you are viewing the board as a team member and not a Guest or Visitor.

Hello! 

Yes I am a team member and our subscription is Enterprise, so must be related to the ownership of the board. 

Thanks a lot for all the help! :) 

PS/ I just double checked and indeed it is.