Answered

Use basic formulas within tables

• 23 November 2020
  • 4 replies

I would like the ability to run basic formulas like SUM, AVERAGE, etc within a table. I want to use Miro for our Real Estate projects, to understand the processes, staff and costs involved. We will use tables a lot, but currently we see that we can’t create basic SUM formulates of cells.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 24 November 2020, 00:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Enrique Lopez - Miro Grids, aka, tables, do *NOT* support formulas. Instead, you may want to explore using Google Sheets or Excel files and either embed the in the board as links using the Google Drive or OneDrive app in Miro.

The following Miro Help Center articles will have more information on how to do this:

If you would like to see formulas as an options in Grids, I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know. If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

*updated!

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Robert Johnson , did you mean to say they do NOT support formulas? After reading your comment I went looking for how, but can’t find it.

But I found that Google Sheets works fine, can be edited from inside MERO (albeit a bit slowly), and once edited inside Miro, saved updates in Google Drive. Amazing integration!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Brian Fulghum - Yes, good catch! I have updated my reply.

Thanks to both, for now I will try to understand the Google Sheets integration. Thank you again.