Skip to main content

Hey everyone,

I recently encountered a frustrating situation with Miro, and I could really use some advice on how to handle it.

A few days ago, I noticed a charge of $384 USD on my account for a Miro subscription renewal that I did not authorize or expect. I wasn’t notified about the upcoming charge, and it came as a complete surprise. As you can imagine, seeing such a significant amount deducted without my consent was quite alarming.

I immediately reached out to Miro’s support team, demanding an urgent refund and cancellation of this unwanted subscription. It’s been two days now, and I haven’t received any response from them.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with Miro or any other service? How did you handle it, and what was the outcome? Any tips on how to escalate this if Miro doesn’t respond promptly would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,
Dias

@Miro Community Team 

@Miro Support Team 

Can someone help me guys?

@Dias Oralov - Those are definitely not the kinds of surprises in life! You did all the right things by reporting to the support team by tagging in the Community team. The Community team will be back in the office tomorrow and will see you mention, and I have also sent my own note to them. I am fully confident that between them and the support team, you will be taken care of.

In the meantime, I am curious about a few things…

I noticed a charge of $384 USD on my account for a Miro subscription renewal that I did not authorize or expect

By account, do you mean a credit card/financial account or in your Miro account’s billing screen? I ask this because, what can happen is some users (as the Team Admin/owner) of a Free (or even paid) plan team have received an email (or notification within their Miro account) that their plan being upgraded, even though they did not complete this action. Here’s the scenario that can lead to this happening:

1. Someone creates a new, free Miro account (we’ll call them Bob). And Bob is the only Team Admin.
  2. Bob invites several users to work on some of their boards in Miro – for this example, Bob invites nine people to Miro who have never used Miro before.
  3. These nine people create Miro profiles and are now members on Bob’s team. They all have the role of Member, while Bob is still the sole Team Admin. Let’s call one of these Members, Sally.
  4. Sally uses Miro for a few weeks, creating boards in Bob’s team and decides, “Hey, I like this tool and I want to use paid features.” So, Sally upgrades Bob’s team.
  5. Sally’s credit card is charged for the upgrade, while Bob receives an email that the team has been upgraded with a charge of $960 USD (e.g., the Starter Plan for 9 users x $96/year).

So, my next question is two parts:

1. Prior to this “unauthorized and unexpected” charge, were you currently using or ever have a paid Miro subscription?
  2. And are their other members on your team who could have upgraded it?

@Robert Johnson 

Hi Robert

Thanks for your reply.
I decided to try your free 14 day period and thought that after this period I would be asked if I wanted to renew or not, I thought that the subscription would cost me $16/month.

Imagine my surprise when $384 was debited from my card where I kept money for the wedding

I hardly used the trial version, I shared one project with my colleagues and that's all and I really didn't want to buy the subscription for a year for $384

@Dias Oralov - Thanks for the additional info. This is making more sense now.