Unable to use my account

• 4 December 2023
  • 3 replies

I’ve used Miro in the past when I was invited to collaborate on another company’s board.

I would like to create my own boards and use Miro for my company, but I’m not able to do so because when I log in I get a message that says “Join teams to access boards” and the only option is “Ask to join”.

I don’t want to join a team with the company that I collaborated with before, but I can’t see an option to remove myself from their teams or their account.

Please help!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JimHills - I have experienced this exact situation before, where I was added to an internal Miro-ran Enterprise Plan and had to request that a Company Admin of the subscription remove me. You could reach out to that previous company and ask that a Company Admin not only remove you from all teams, but also from the Company → Active users page.

But, in the meantime, I have converted your post into a Miro support ticket to see if they can resolve this for you. You should have received an email confirmation of the ticket being opened on your behalf.

Hi @Robert Johnson I’ve left my teams by mistake and am now stuck on “Join teams to access boards” with nowhere to click or request access. Can you please help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Robert Johnson I’ve left my teams by mistake and am now stuck on “Join teams to access boards” with nowhere to click or request access. Can you please help?

If you are seeing this message with no option to “Create new team”, you are likely on an Enterprise Plan subscription and you will likely need a Company Admin of your subscription (or Team Admin) to add you back to a team. Do you have a company help desk team that you can reach out to? Or maybe someone on one of the teams you left will know who administers your Miro subscription.