Transitions in Presentation Mode?

• 22 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Prior to the latest updates to the Presentation mode, I could move between frames with zero transition or sliding effect; the screen would instantly refresh with each new frame as I flipped between them. Did this capability go away with the new Interactive Presentation mode? Is the only way to move between frames to have it "slide" between pages? I use to be able to “fake” build effects with the instantaneous refresh. Is this feature now gone?

4 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi @Jeff S - I was just looking for a way of building slides and found that in settings, under preferences, you can choose to reduce motion - this seems to work! 

@Ruth Newnham  That did it! Thank you!!!! 

(I’m not sure if I can mark this as “solved” but the solution provided above did the trick)

Userlevel 3

FYI @Jeff S - It might be worth checking you set the preference just before you present as I think it may not be a permanent fixture!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

It’s worth noting that all of the below preferences should be stored at the user-level in a cookie for each client that you using. So, for example, if you enable Reduce motion on Chrome on your laptop, it should be remembered using Chrome on that laptop, until you delete cookies. However, if you also use the Miro desktop app, you’ll need to enable the presence there too.