Answered

The lock function for guest editors

• 10 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I am currently running a game design course for 90 university students in miro. We are working with an education account and I have invited all students as guest editors. The ride has been relatively smooth so far. Almost everyone seems to be thrilled both with the assignment to create a tabletop board game in one week and with miro as a tool. 

The students has been divided in groups each group has their own board to do the design in. 31 boards in total.

The biggest problem though is the they can not lock graphical elements in their prototype because that function is not included in the guest reviewer account type. It cripples the design process considerably. And it is not a viable solution for me to go around on 31 boards an locking graphical elements of their choice.

And to be clear: not using the look function when designing anything in miro makes it almost impossible to have graphical elements stacked on top of eachother. 

Is there any way for me to give them the ability to lock/unlock items? Is there a account type that allows them to do that? Is there a way to grant someone that function. 

I only have like 10 seats in my team so I don’t see that as an option right now at least… 

Please help :(

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 10 February 2021, 14:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ola Janson -

Unfortunately, the lock/unlock capability was removed by design from the anonymous guest editor access method so the only option available if you want the students to have edit access to the board would be to use paid “full access” accounts for them.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

To clarify for all readers, there are currently two types of Education Plan licenses:

1. Student → 10 users, 1 team workspace
  2. Educator (teacher, instructor) → 100 users, 1 team workspace

@Ola Janson - If you quality, you could request to upgraded to the Educator license.

Another option here is for each student to request their own free Education Plan and then the share a link to the board with Ola for review.

Thanks for your answers. The only solution seems to be to get an upgrade but that is an payed account I guess. Which mean, not my decision and a lot of time. 

I will share my experience with miro as a game design tool in another thread :)