Support: Removing team members

• 2 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I have access to an education plan through UAL (University of the Arts) I have tons of boards there but I dont want to depend on the university so i want to move all my board to my personal account. However, when trying to upgrade my personal account it says that I have 13 team members and if i want to be able to pay less i need to delete the team members. but this is IMPOSSIBLE. I tried to log in in my personal account which is the “team admin” and delete people and it never works. not sure if my two account university and personal are interlinked but it has been impossible to delete people and right now I am getting very frustrated with miro as a product and how difficult is to get support. NONE of the EXTREMELY GENERIC articles i have read has the answer. Can I just talk/email to a human being? I feel trapped as I really need all my boards (including my thesis) but i dont see any options but paying so please take my money. i just dont think is fair to pay for 13 people that i dont even work with because i randomly collaborated with them in the past. 

HELPPPPPPP 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Laura Duarte

"I tried to log in in my personal account which is the “team admin” and delete people and it never works"

Your role on a team can can't vary by team and is not determined by your Miro account profile, e.g., you can be Team Admin of your Education Plan, but just a Member of a Free Plan team.

With that in mind, when you say "it never works", do you not have the option to delete members, you do but you receive an error, you have the option to delete them and select it but nothing happens?

Create a new team

Rather than upgrading, you could just create a new team using the Add teams action:

Once you have done this, you could move any boards that own to this new team. And, if the boards are in a Free Plan team and you are not the board owner, you could duplicate them first and then move the duplicated board.

Thank you. I know this. The problem is that my UAL and my personal account seemed to appeared interlinked. No matter how many times i tried to log in on my personal one lauraduartec……. i kept getting the rights as if i was log in in my UAL (University acount) lduartecarrasquilla….. I had to use another browser to log in in my personal one to finally make it work. 

After I did that I was able to finally see the dots and delete all users in my personal account, upgrade and add my UAL account as a team member and admin to be able to actually start transfering all my boards from the UAL to my personal account. 

Thank you for your help and kindness I didnt mean to be rude with you ( a community moderator) but I am deeply upset and disappointed on how difficult is to get help from Miro. I think MIRO takes advantage that we have all our data here and prefer to pay for the product despite the crappy support because we dont have any other choice. If I could download and MURAL or any other competitor made the files compatible as google did with microsoft excel I would move immediately. 

Anyways thank you for your help and have a good day.