Answered

Shortcuts are making it impossible to use Miro

• 10 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi. I’m new to Miro, but not a complete novice. Others seem to have similar problems. I’m unable to type in stickies because when I try to type into them the short cuts get activated, and then all sorts of crazy things happen (new frames are created; connection lines are created; and other features). 

I’m using a Mac with Chrome, but I’ve tried this on Safari as well. Same problem. 

Can anyone tell me how to disable shortcuts? 

I can build no problem. But using Miro--as a participant--is impossible. 

Thanks,

John.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 10 November 2020, 23:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@John Galvin - There is no way to disable the shortcuts and hotkeys.

I have experienced some lag in Miro boards when it comes to editing objects, e.g., after having a Miro board open for a longer period of time, a large board (hundreds and hundreds of objects on the board, many other browser tabs open, having the same browser session open for a whole day or more).

When this happens, sometimes an object, e.g., a sticky or shape, doesn’t go into edit mode when I double-click it and then my keypresses start to act as hotkey presses, e.g., f creates a frame or s creates a shape. What I then do, is start pressing Enter after selecting an object which, for me, usually results in a higher chance of the object going into edit mode - usually this is indicated by the flashing cursor in the object, but sometimes even though the cursor is not there, it really is in edit mode. When I become unsure, I usually restart my browser.

Some of the ways I get into edit mode:

Some other tips I can offer:

Great suggestions @Robert Johnson 

i’ll try them later today. Thanks.