Shapes cover sticky notes

• 17 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone I’m new to Miro so I’m following along with Miro’s getting started tutorials specifically “Content Creation” lesson, The problem is I made some sticky notes but when I try to add a shape so the sticky notes be on top of it what happens instead is that the shape covers my sticky notes completely.

How can I prevent that from happening I want my sticky notes to be on top of the shape not the other way around?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ahmed Nagy -

Think of Miro boards as a physical whiteboard so if you put a piece of paper over sticky notes already on the board, they’d be hidden. You can use the right-mouse button menu with most selected objects to send them to the back or to the front, so moving your shape to the back should make the sticky notes which were created before it was created visible.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

To add to this post, here are some visuals and a link from a simar post last week.

--

This is due to the way objects are layered on the board. You can change their layering order by using the Bring to front or Send to back feature:

Move objects between foreground and background

All objects on the board are placed relatively on top of each other. Though layers are not currently supported in Miro, you may define the order of the objects by using the options Bring to front or Send to back. To access the options, open an object's context menu and click the three dots. You can also use shortcuts PgUp, PgDn (for Windows)/ fn +↑, fn+↓ (for Mac). Note that the options are not available for frames as frames are always placed behind board objects.

mceclip0.png
Defining the order of objects

Source: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018109574#h_01F8S778RTNBYQ4VRJQ6JGY0VE

Thank you guys so much for your help I get it now.

Userlevel 4

Page Up/Page Down is up there as a pro-tip in my list. I use it as much as Ctrl-1 for zooming and spacebar for moving about a board.