[RESOLVED] Windows App is crashing immediately

Show first post

35 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Darren Terrell and @G Salani,

Thanks for your input!  

Could you let me know if you reset the app's data before deleting the listed folders and reinstalling the app anew? 

Hello. I can’t reset on the app as it doesn’t load at all. And the option “Advanced options > Reset.” is not available on Win10, just “uninstall”. Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Steve Morris, @ozgurkalan, @Rich Turner, @Darren Terrell.

The new version (0.7.12.) released last Friday doesn't crush for @G Salani. Did you have a chance to try it out for yourself already? Curious to see if it will resolve the issue for you too. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @ozgurkalan and @G Salani,

I'm afraid we still could not reproduce the behavior you reported, which is a necessary step to fix it then. In addition to that, we had only one similar report, and that user came back a few days later to let us know that the issue disappeared after they reinstalled the app one more time.

That's why I wanted to ask you whether you're still experiencing the crushing?

I do want to point out that running on elevated privileges is not a good substitute nor an available option for everyone. 

Hello, thank you for looking into this. I’m afraid I tried to reinstall Miro for Win10 64-bit several times but with no success. It loads for one second and then disappears. I use Win10 on a Lenovo ThinkPad X1. My system is up to date and I’ve been using Miro every day for over a year with no problems before the last update. I hope you can solve this issue soon.

Hello @Alyona , I am also experiencing this issue exactly the same as @G Salani . The app opens for a second then disappears. Mine was 0.7.9 Win10 64-bit and installed from the miro website. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall with no luck (now at 0.7.10). I would be more than happy to provide any extra information to assist?

Very quick update. The miro app works if I right click and run as administrator, unsure why I all of a sudden need to do this to make it work, but work it does.

Just to add I have tried that and it doesn’t work on my laptop.

Hello @Alyona following your instructions only helped the first time for me also. its run as administrator or nothing when using the app.