[RESOLVED] Right-click to pan is also drawing when in Pen mode

• 21 December 2022
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,
When you have the "pencil" tool selected, and you try to move on the board with the right click, you continue to write while you move.
It is very annoying, I wanted to know if it is a bug or an update.
Or how to disable it.
I tested it on the miro app on Windows and on my browser

Thanks 

Robert Johnson 1 year ago

Good news everyone!

I just received the following update from Miro support that a fix was released:

Catherine from the Miro support team is here with an update.

The team informed us that the fix for the pen performance and board navigation was just released. Please check that everything is working successfully on your end. Make sure to sign off and into Miro again to load the latest app version.

I have tested in both Chrome and the Miro desktop app and the can now move while in pen mode with no lines drawn.

Reply here with your findings.

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

When you have the "pencil" tool selected, and you try to move on the board with the right click, you continue to write while you move.
It is very annoying, I wanted to know if it is a bug or an update.
Or how to disable it.
I tested it on the miro app on Windows and on my browser

@jspJSPJSP - I am experiencing this unexpected behaviour too (Chrome and Miro desktop app on Windows 11 64-bit).

I will open a Miro support ticket and update this post with what they tell me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update #1 from Miro support:

We have passed your case along to our developers to investigate. We will get back to you with updates as soon as we can. Please bear with us!

Userlevel 1

Hello, I just joined the community to write this. My pen on every browser is bugged. Every time I right click to move it writes as if Im left clicking. It's extremely annoying and provides no value if this is a new feature. Please change back!

I have same issue, this is uncomfortable when I work from Desktop PC with Mouse

It’s very often when I need Draw and Move board simultaneously, and there is redundant switching between pencil and cursor, even with shortcuts

It’s hard to press Select - [V] and Pen - [P] with left hand

Also I often use Eraser [E] and Right Click board Move don’t work at all

Same issue here, it used to work perfectly fine and now this is making miro borderline unusable with my drawing tablet. I will probably just go back to using a pen and paper until this is fixed

Userlevel 2

The issue has not yet been resolved

Присоединяюсь к топику, есть такая не очень удобная проблема

Also experiencing same issue - hope to see a fix soon!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update #2 from Miro support:

Thank you for following up on this case!

I'm afraid that currently, there's a bug on our end causing this unexpected behavior with the Pen Tool. The issue has already been escalated to the appropriate development team. As soon as we have any updates on it, we’ll make sure to let you and the community know.

In the meantime, allow me to place this ticket on hold to keep your inbox free of unnecessary notifications. If any questions arise, the thread will automatically reopen once you reply to this email.

We’ll be in touch soon.

Experiencing the same issue, it makes MIRO quite annoying to use

Hello,

Same issue here, hope the fix is coming soon !

очень сильно раздражает! пожалуйста исправьте. 

Badge

When I use pen I used to use the right-click of the mouse to move the screen. But now I am having the issue. When I start to move the screen with right-click it starts to write.

Is it a bug? Or is there some solution or does there special button exists?

Userlevel 2

The temporary fix is to press V then right click and move

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

And if you want to stay in pen mode, press <Space> to move (when you let go of <Space>, you should still be in pen mode).

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Good news everyone!

I just received the following update from Miro support that a fix was released:

Catherine from the Miro support team is here with an update.

The team informed us that the fix for the pen performance and board navigation was just released. Please check that everything is working successfully on your end. Make sure to sign off and into Miro again to load the latest app version.

I have tested in both Chrome and the Miro desktop app and the can now move while in pen mode with no lines drawn.

Reply here with your findings.