[RESOLVED] Mobile Browser View (Android) shows {{InputPlaceholder}}

When opening a publicly shared board in the mobile browser (Android 13, Chrome or Firefox), the screen is overlayed and shows a defunct field “{{InputPlaceholder}}”. The board itself can not be moved or zoomed. Tried with different boards. 

Robert Johnson 1 year ago

Update #2 from Miro support - RESOLVED:

My team informed me that they had released a fix for the issue on the mobile browser. Can you please check on your end that it is working correctly?

I appreciate your time and patience as we worked on a resolution.

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

When opening a publicly shared board in the mobile browser (Android 13, Chrome or Firefox), the screen is overlayed and shows a defunct field “{{InputPlaceholder}}”. The board itself can not be moved or zoomed. Tried with different boards. 

I am seeing this too:

I will open a support ticket and update this post with their response.

I have the same problem and I would need an urgent reply since I am sharing my contacts at an important trade fair through a miro dashboard...nobody is able to open it.

Please help

I have the same problem as well. I tried with many kinds of browsers but cannot access or move the board. It seems like technical problem is happening. Please Miro staff, fix this bug.

One possible workaround to view the board ist to select “Desktop site” in the menu of your mobile browser and reload the page. (Tested with Chrome)

But this is hardly helpful when sending out a link to people who can’t be bothered with workarounds...

Yes Charl, I have done the same, but my link is used by a lot of people and I didn't meet most of them...

I have the same problem 
My device is iOS 16.2 iPhone 13pro.
I tried with 3 browsers (safari & Chrome & Brave Browser) but cannot see.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update #1 from Miro support:

Feb 9, 2023, 18:42 UTC:

Thank you for the report!

After thoroughly testing, we have found that there's a bug on our end that causes this behavior. The good news is that the team is already aware of the issue and is working on fixing it. 

Our Technical Support Engineers will keep you updated on the progress. Please, bear with us! 

@Robert Johnson does your Technical Support Team have an eta? I/we need to know if another software solution is required to meet strict deadlines.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Mitchell Axisa - Being a volunteer moderator of this forum, I do not have direct access to the Miro support team and have just opened a ticket like any other user. Unfortunately, we will have to wait for a response from the support team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Charl / @Leonardo Romani / @Tsukumo / @kensan / @Mitchell Axisa - I just tested this again and it is it appears to be working again!

Please sign out/in of Miro, clear cache, etc.

I won’t mark this post as RESOLVED until I get an official response from Miro support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update #2 from Miro support - RESOLVED:

My team informed me that they had released a fix for the issue on the mobile browser. Can you please check on your end that it is working correctly?

I appreciate your time and patience as we worked on a resolution.