[RESOLVED] Anyone else having issues with deleted board contents?

Userlevel 4

Hey all, 

When I opened one of our workshop boards today I noticed that 95% of the content was missing: There were probably more than 50 frames on the board, all disappeared without a trace. The weird thing is, not everything was gone. Two frames remained, one seemingly intact, the other one missing content as well. These two frames are the last ones I worked on yesterday, and the frame that looked complete was the last one I touched. It looks like everythings older than that has vanished.

I first assumed that one of my teammates might have deleted something by accident, but when I checked the activity feed, I couldn’t see any deletions. The last changes where made by me, and when I stopped working yesterday, the board was fine. I tried everything, web client, browser version, I asked others to double check – but the content is definitely gone (at least for the time being).

I have already created a support ticket, but I was wondering if anyone experienced something like this before and found a solution… or if I should just accept the content is gone and move on to Plan B.

We rely heavily on Miro for our work, are on a paid plan, and if this is an issue that others experienced as well, I’d love to know if we should consider looking for alternatives.

Marina 3 years ago

Hi everyone, 

We have restored the majority of the content that has been partially missing from some of the customer boards as of October 09, 2020, 12:23 UTC.

If you believe some of your content is still missing, we encourage you to reach out to our support team via this form.

We are continuing to investigate the incident to ensure this doesn't happen again, and will follow-up with a summary once we have more information.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

111 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi everyone, 

We have restored the majority of the content that has been partially missing from some of the customer boards as of October 09, 2020, 12:23 UTC.

If you believe some of your content is still missing, we encourage you to reach out to our support team via this form.

We are continuing to investigate the incident to ensure this doesn't happen again, and will follow-up with a summary once we have more information.

Userlevel 1

My boards were 100% restored. Many thanks to the dev team, good job!

I am still missing boards and data from boards.

Frustrated and Angry

My content is still missing as well as of mid-day 12 Oct. I’ve sent my details as requested, but it would be good to get an ETA on restoring the content.

Good Day, May I get a help or follow up. 

The restored board is still deleted boards. Please Help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Nick Kramer @MikeJBA @SellonoidXD,

I’m awfully sorry to hear this!

I’ve asked the Support team to reply to your tickets asap :pray_tone2:  

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I have been waiting for a reply since early Monday (Australia time) about a board with 80% of the content deleted. Still have no content restored and no reply from Miro.

This board has over 1 months work in it and an incredible number of hours. If I had known that issues like this existed with Miro, I would have backed it up every day or taken a copy. I know now.

Not sure how to get Miro to answer my ticket as I can’t find a way to contact except via support tickets so I am trying the community to see if this helps to get an answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jackie,

I’m sorry to hear this! I’ll let the Support team know that you are still waiting for their response.

All of 6 months works are gone.:sob: Have sent an support ticket 2 days ago, but still no response… Would anyone please contact me? We are on the paid plan and all of our colleagues are heavy users of Miro. We are not sure if any of the board have missing content. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Shuk Hing Ho,

I am sorry to hear this :pensive: I’ve asked the team to reply to your ticket asap. 

Hi @Marina,

Thank you for your help. The team has restored my board on 8 Oct’s condition. However, There are still lot of content is missing  :sob: ... Therefore,I believe the content has been missing before that. 

Regards,

Shuk Hing Ho