Skip to main content

Present on one monitor, move freely on another (same board)

• 8 August 2023
  • 1 reply

I am conducting a presentation on video call.

I am using two monitors.

I want one monitor to display a board in ‘presentation mode’ (which I will share with the call participants)

I want my other monitor to display the same board NOT in presentation mode, for me to move freely around, take notes and read the presentation notes which I have written down next to the slides that I am presenting. (I do not want to share these notes and my movement on this board on call)

I am sure this used to be possible, but now when I click ‘presentation mode’ both monitors automatically start presenting, even if I am using Miro desktop on one monitor and web based on the other.

The only slight workaround I can see is to logout of Miro on one monitor and send an invite link to a different email address to access the board. But this is not ideal and limits the features I can use.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@mirouserpd - I tested this myself and see what you are saying - as soon as the presenting user is on the same board (even in another browser session/window), they are forced into presentation mode. My workaround thoughts were the same as yours, however, setting the board to “Anyone with the link → Can edit” and opening an incognito window would remove the steps of adding a user/signing out/in/etc., however, if you are on the Enterprise Plan, the public/visitors feature may be disabled for you.

If you are on a paid subscription, you would open a Miro support ticket and hopefully they could provide another solution, or at least confirm if this was an intended change or not.

Here are the steps to open a support ticket → https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C