Answered

Permissions

• 16 February 2021
  • 6 replies

I am just getting started w/Miro and am very new to it.

Here’s the situation: my agency has miro w/teams integration.

I am collaborating with other individuals that are NOT from my agency.  

If I create a new miro, for example to send and gather feedback from people in advance of a meeting, will it be visible to everyone at my workplace?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 17 February 2021, 14:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@IiDawn Butts -

It sounds like you are on one of Miro’s paid plans. If so, then when you create a new board, only you will have visibility to it. You can then decide who you’d like to share it with. If you didn’t want your colleagues to be aware of the board, you wouldn’t share it with them, only with the participants from outside your agency. 

You can either invite these external participants to access the board using “full edit access” which will be paid access billed against your account or you could use the Anonymous Guest Editor access method which wouldn’t incur costs but would limit some of what they could do (see this Help Center article for more about that access method: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012524559-Collaboration-with-Anonymous-Guest-Editors)

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@IiDawn Butts - Note that new boards may or may not be visible by default, it depends on the team’s default board sharing settings.

Your Team Admin would control this setting from the team settings panel, under Permissions:

To see if your team plan is set up to make newly created boards only visible to you, i.e., “private”, create a new board and click on the Share button and note the Team access to board setting:

iwZW8Nh4z4UPH4ZzJhnsSM3u5MeyRbhWEFVKVWlZN7dJQQM7bA8a-vKlKLWPbUAV7xdiWCR3h_iJlufyA_j_i9YmuMdr0RYuIl1uvX0NenymucSQZqT5Bh3Q-PHZDscB0cXFuPDc

Team vs. Public Access

As @Kiron Bondale mentioned, you can hide the board from your team, but also make it available to “anyone” you send the link to (including your team!) by setting:

• Team access to board to No access and
  • Anyone with the link to Can view, comment, or edit.

It appears that we can only create and use a certain number of miros before upgrading….I’m not sure though.  Is that a possibility?  I asked a supervisor about it and haven’t heard back yet.

I was introduced to miro through a supervisor that created a simple one for the team to simply use sticky notes and post public Thank you’s for one another.  I see the capabilities and just need to figure it out and become more confident with it before I jump in and introduce it to the others.

Thank you for responding and answering my first question; I’m sure I’ll have more.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@IiDawn Butts - Re:

"can only create and use a certain number of miros before upgrading"

It sounds like you are on the Free Plan and will only be be allowed to have three active/editable Miro Boards (the others will go into "view-only" mode).

When on the Free Plan

1. All members of that team will see all boards in that team

2. While you can share a link to people who are not members of that team, they will only be able to view the board - they will not be able to edit the board. Therefore, when you mentioned wanting to "send and gather feedback from people in advance of a meeting", you can do this, but their feedback will need to come external to the Miro board (email, verbal, etc.).

Again, thanks for the info.  Could you post a link with rates/ cost to upgrade?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@IiDawn Butts - miro.com/pricing

Also see → Plans and Features Available