Objects on the board look like they are selected by another user even when there is no one else.

In one of my boards, some objects look like they are selected and in use by another user even when there is no one else using the board at the same time. This has made most of the objects on the board useless, they can no longer be modified, or even deleted.

All other boards in the team (owned by me or not) are perfectly fine, and in other teams too. But this one board seems to be stuck this way. I have tried moving the board from one team to another, and it’s still the same; I have duplicated the board and the “new duplicated” board presents the exact same issue. What can I do? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@anacoppola - I would try is to set the board’s Team Share access to “No access”, and remove anyone whom the board may be Shared with directly - essentially making the board Private:

Hopefully this will trigger some code to remove any locks in the board.

You would also try downloading a board backup and restoring the backup.

If all of fails, you will need to open a support ticket.

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately, I am on a free plan, so I cannot make boards private. I’ll keep tying other things, and if nothing works, I’ll just start the board from scratch. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@anacoppola - You could try changing the Team access to Can view. I have had to do this in the past when an editor had an object locked.

Thank you, I’ll try that and will give some time to the board to load any changes. Maybe that’ll help.