Answered

Not able to add text to a connecting line

• 2 June 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi!  I’m trying to make a small flow chart using shapes and connecting lines.  However, the connecting line isn’t allowing me to add text.  When I click on the line the edit bar pops up, but it won’t add any of the arrows (or other end options) and it won’t give me the ability to add text to the line.  I click on the +T button, but it’s not giving me the ability to add any text.  What am I doing wrong here?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 2 June 2021, 22:50

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Angel Carter - I have seen various text modes (connection lines, sticky notes, etc.) not kick in after having the browser open for a while, or large Miro boards open--basically a memory issue.

What happens if you close your browser and try again (or Miro desktop app, that’s what you are using)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Angel Carter - At least there is an indication that you are in text mode, even though you can’t see the cursor.

When there is no text on a connection line:

When you are in text mode:

What happens if you just start typing anyway? In the past, I have double-clicked on a sticky note to get into Edit mode and even though there was no cursor, I would just type anyway and the text would appear. Closing the browser and re-opening always brings back the cursor for me.

Thank you @Robert Johnson !

I cannot add text to a line in the Windows app at all. 

I can add text to a line in the browser version. 

Where can I log a bug?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@NancyL - I just tested this on the latest Miro desktop app (0.7.3) on Windows 11 64-bit and it is working for me.

Note: Sometimes the cursor isn’t present after clicking the text icon, but if you start typing it may work.

What is your set up? (version of Windows, desktop app, etc.?)

Have you tried resetting the app data? Instructions here.

If that doesn’t help, are you able to post a video showing what is happening? Loom is free and easy to use & share a screen recording.

Here is a GIF of it working for me:

Hi Robert, I just accepted the latest Windows version update - and now this is working as expected. How can I display the version of the app? There are no typical Windows menus like a “help about” that can show me. 

Regardless, working as expected now so I’m good. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@NancyL - From the "Boards" tab, i.e., your dashboard, press the ALT key - that should expose the menubar. 

aha thank you.  0.7.6 64bit version. 

but as I said, now it’s working as documented.