Multiple Users Editing the Same Object

• 27 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Upvoting Editing same object by multiple users at the same time posted by Oleks Yefremov and reiterating the idea for increased visibility. 

I currently run a daily Triage. This is a working meeting with several roles and responsibilities that involve working within a template I have created.

The intention I had for this platform was for it to function as a visual Google Docs:

• One field where multiple people could edit different paragraphs at the same time 
  • Real-time updating of the multiple users making changes. One person shares their screen in a Microsoft Teams meeting. 
  • Intuitive UI that people can adjust to easily. 

Request - A new object that: 

• Supports simultaneous editing by multiple users. People can change text in the same sentence or paragraph.
  • Has set object dimensions and text that adjusts to the scale of the object.
  • Can include images that can move with text. Think writing multiple paragraphs and  associated screenshots that move with each paragraph. When one paragraph gets long, we still want to see the screenshot guide for that specific topic right next to it, and then the next topics have the images at the right place. 
  • Has bullets and numbering. 
  • Has a checkbox feature.
  • Date feature that can record a date (dropdown calendar?) and the date x days after. 
  • Only requires 1 click to enter the object and start editing. 

Thanks Miro Team!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@amacgown00 that would be amazing! Is it possible to transform that in the wishlist ​? @Robert Johnson ? @Miro Community Team 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Véronique Carbonneau - It sounds like @amacgown00 is just reiterating an existing idea.

I updated the description of this post to link to the original idea by @Oleks Yefremov .

Here it is again for upvoting:

https://community.miro.com/ideas/editing-same-object-by-multiple-users-at-the-same-time-12341

@Véronique Carbonneau 

I wrote this at like 7pm staying late in the office for no apparent reason and I thought that I had clicked the wishlist option lol. Just created one